Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sewing for the Grands

I've been sewing, sewing, sewing! 
In January, Meg and I chose fabric and pattern for Everly's birthday dress (shown also in my previous post). Fabric was from Hobby Lobby--Meg's choice. I used the XL baby size and this little dress barely fit once a t-shirt was added underneath. Gosh, our little girl is growing!

I studied the body measurements for both babies large and extra large vs. toddler size 1. Although the stated measurements were similar, the actual pattern pieces for the 1T were appreciably larger. Time to hit the pattern sales!

Here is McCall's 5416 View B (size 1T) also in fabric from Hobby Lobby, this time my choice.
I haven't seen it on our girl yet, so I'm still unsure about sizing. 

My (step) grandson Isaiah adores Transformers, so I put together a quick shirt for him.
The fabric was a peculiar blend purchased from eBay. I'm hoping it's comfortable to wear. Isaiah is four-years-old.

Trinity, my step granddaughter (age 8) loves anything I make her. She tells everyone how much she likes "homemade" clothes. Trin is Everly's big sis, so I used some of the birthday dress fabric in this denim jumper.

Finished the hem today, so she'll get it tomorrow to wear to school next week, weather permitting. Our high of 81 today is being replaced by a high of 18 tomorrow! Yowzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment