Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stretching My Skills

A few weeks ago I wore a ready-to-wear (RTW) tunic to an embroidery club meeting and was asked if I made it. The shirt is lightweight denim with beautiful cutwork embroidery and beading around the front neckline. The program that night was embellishing t-shirt necklines. So, I began thinking about giving this neckline thing a go!
Here's the pattern I chose: Tunic Top - View B The fabric is a gorgeous shade of dark teal linen blend from JoAnn's. I made a muslin first and worked out a good fit, I hope. I purchased some neckline designs and decided to follow some great advice from a fellow embroiderer to trace the front of the shirt onto the fabric, do the embroidery, THEN cut that piece out. Her reasoning is that the fabric is much easier to hoop before cutting it out. Makes sense, right?
Today is embroidery day! I'm taking pictures as I go and will post them all once I finish. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of this blog and am totally confident that you can keep this up. You are THE most talented seamstress i know!!

    ReplyDelete