Monday, February 6, 2012

NO picture could express the words

I'm writing tonight to update a few sewing/embroidery projects that have kept me busy for the past week. First of all, the tunic top came through a design placement mishap remarkably well. I was so incredibly disappointed since I really worked at getting it right. Although it's said that one picture can express a thousand words, trust me when I tell you NO picture could express some choice words I had for the whole project at one point!


Somehow, I aligned the paisleys with the neckline facing instead of the v-neck! Anyone with embroidery knowledge will likely notice the problem, but, thanks to some quick thinking ladies from my embroidery bee, I applied a "fix" that saved the day. In the photo below, imagine the design minus the upper paisleys on each side of the v-neck. Yep, basically boob paisleys! Using editing software, I was able to isolate just one paisley and fern to fill the void. And best of all, the tunic fits really well! I'll post a picture of it on a live model later, I promise.



My other projects were really fun! I'm so enjoying having a new granddaughter! My lovely daughter acquired Trinity by marrying her daddy, so I got to jump right in with a six-year-old! I have been having WAY too much fun sewing for her and our other baby girl, three-year-old Eva. 


Below you'll see the cutest circle skirt and accompanying petticoat.


Sewing with tulle was a pain, for sure. I chose white so that she can wear it with other outfits down the line. I'm reveiwing all these patterns for www.patternreview.com, if you are interested in more construction details. The cupcake fabric has glitter!


The apron dress is for Valentine's Day. I just finished the buttonholes and hem tonight.




The embroidery design is from a vintage stitch collection. It reminds me of cup towels my grandmother used to make. :)


Oh, and did I mention all four projects were accomplished with a chihuahua not only on my lap, but also on my chest, my shoulder, and my feet (all the same sweet doggie)?

1 comment: